Last Sunday, my husband, Randy had put on a show in the kitchen.
He surprised me by coming home with some Rabbit that he and his family raises in Jacks Hill. He said we were going to have a Rabbit Feast. That we did! I am a proud wife indeed. He is no stranger to the kitchen, but he didn’t need much pointers after all.
The Rabbit was baked to perfection. It could have used some Jerk seasoning to be completely over the top, but that’s my fault because I didn’t restock the kitchen in time.
The sides that were baked with it such as Carrot, with no offense to the rabbit, Irish Potato and Sweet Pepper, were great to have with it as well.
Quite a healthy meal too!
Reasons why Rabbit Meat is considered to be Healthy:
● Rabbit meat is the Leanest meat of all Proteins
● Rabbit meat has fewer Calories than other meats
● Rabbit meat has a high percentage of easily Digestible Protein
● The Sodium content of Rabbit meat is less than others, it is almost cholesterol free and it has more Calcium content than other meats
Did you know that Calcium helps to break down fat?
● Rabbit meat is one of the best White meats available on the market today
Important Tip to know when Eating Rabbit:
Do not try to eat the Bone. It’s not possible. You may break your teeth.
Where can you get Rabbit meat to cook?
Ask the Burgesses!
Name and Contact Information:
By: Gabrielle Burgess (Certified Personal Trainer & Sports Nutritionist)
If you liked this blog, follow Suga Lifestyle or like the Suga Lifestyle Facebook page.