- 1 cup raw Peanuts
- 1 cup Oatmeal
- 1 tbsp. Flour (Preferably Whole Grain/Oat Flour)
- 1 tbsp. Cornmeal
- 1 Cup Almond/Skimmed Milk
- A pinch of Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. Salt
- Water as needed (approximately 2 cups)
- Place the Peanuts in a blender and process until it is almost smooth.
- Remove the Peanuts and place in a container.
- Place 1 cup of water in a pot to boil and add ½ tsp. of salt.
- Place the Oatmeal in a blender and process until it becomes power.
- Combine the Flour, Cornmeal, Peanut, Oatmeal in a container.
- Slow pour water in the container and mix the ingredients to make a liquid paste.
- Pour the liquid paste into the boiling water.
- Stir until evenly mixed. (Do not let the flour get lumpy)
- Cover and cook on medium setting. To prevent the porridge from boiling over, lift the cover and allow steam to escape.
- After 12 minutes turn the setting to low then add the Vanilla extract, Nutmeg and Milk.
- Stir until evenly mixed. Cover and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn of the heat and allow the Porridge to slightly cool before serving.
1 cup Quick Oats
2 cups Water
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon powder
1/4 cup Raisins (rinsed)
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg (freshly grated)
2 tablespoon Stevia/0-calorie Sweetener
1/4 cup Almond/Skimmed milk
Optional: extra Almond/Skimmed milk
1. Bring 2 cups of Water to a boil in medium heat.
2. When the Water boils, add the Quick Oats.
3. Stir in the rinsed Raisins and reduce to low heat.
4. Cover the pot and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture becomes very thick.
5. Remove from the heat and Stir in the freshly grated nutmeg, Cinnamon powder, Stevia/0-calorie Sweetener, and Almond/Skimmed Milk. Depending on your preference, you can add more Milk.
If you wish to add fruit on top such as fresh Strawberries, 1/2 a Nanana or Blueberries for added flavour or natural sweetness, feel free!
Edited By: Gabrielle Burgess (Certified Personal Trainer & Sports Nutritionist)
If you liked this Blog, follow Suga Lifestyle Online, on Instagram (@sugalifestyle), Twitter (@sugalifestyleja) or like the Suga Lifestyle Facebook page.