Carnival is over but the body is quite ungrateful. Fitness by theory is reversible. Do not quit exercising all together and forego healthy nutrition. For those who got their carnival bodies (CBs) on point in time, maintenance is important. For those who were almost there, summer is just around the corner so keep at it. I am sure everyone relaxed last week, satisfying cravings and the gyms have been EMPTY.
Here are some tips for CB Maintenance:
– You do not have to exercise 5 or 6 times for the week now
– Exercise 3 or 4 times a week
– Eat 5 or 6 meals per day depending on hours (Include a snack two/three times; a snack is considered as a meal)
* Remember that a fruit is considered as a snack but avoid mangoes & watermelons as they have a high sugar content
– Eat a healthy Breakfast everyday
E.g. Oatmeal cereal, a Protein shake, a Boiled egg and slice of whole wheat toast
– Eat a healthy Lunch at least 5 or 6 days of the week
E.g. Steamed Fish and steamed vegetables, a Turkey sub-sandwich with whole grain/wheat bread, Baked Chicken with a finger of boiled banana and two pieces of yam with steamed vegetables etc.
– Have light, healthy Dinners
E.g. Chicken soup, Chicken salad, Oatmeal cereal, a Baked Potato with black beans and fat-free cream cheese (Allowed to ‘cheat’ on a weekend day)
– Continue to avoid fast food (Have twice a month at most if unavoidable)
– Continue to avoid sweets and pastries (Allowed to have twice a month, small portions!)
– No binge drinking! (Ok one night allowed in the month)
*Keep it to 1 or 2 glasses of wine. Avoid soda as chasers if drinking spirits, use water or club soda. Ginger ale is not a bad chaser either.
– Keep working on those ABS, Buns and Thighs! (Ensure adequate rest days are included)
***For those who have to keep at it until the point of maintenance, instead of avoiding the above temptations, eliminate them and no ‘cheat’ meals allowed. It’s a sacrifice. Continue to exercise 5/6 days per week and remember that one cheat meal on the weekend can throw those 6 days of hard work and sweat out the window!
Happy journey Suga Readers! Keep it hot!