Withjust 30 Calories, 0 Fat Calories, 1% Cholesterol, 2g Sugar, 1% Carbs, 8% Sodium and 4g Protein, Fat-Free Philadelpbia Cream Cheese can be used as a healthy substitute for butter, mayonnaise and more.
You can use Fat-Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese in the following ways to eat healthy and guilt-free:
● On Baked Potatoes instead of butter or sour cream
● On your Tacos instead of Sour Cream
● In your Wraps instead of Cheddar cheese
● On your Whole Grain/Whole Wheat Bagels and Bread instead of regular, fatty cream cheese or butter
● In your Tuna instead of mayonnaise
● To make your own healthy version of a Creamy Sauce instead of using an Alfredo sauce or Coconut cream sauce to put on your Baked Fish or your Pasta by melting it in a pot with a little bit of olive oil, garlic, onion and skimmed milk.
Have fun eating healthy!
By: Gabrielle Burgess
If you liked this blog, follow Suga Lifestyle or like the Suga Lifestyle Facebook page.
Amounts to look out for to have healthy servings:
Calorie free: <5/serving
Fat/sugar free: <1/2g/serving
Low calorie: <40/serving
Low sodium: <140mg/serving
High in fat: > 5%/serving
Too high in fat: >10% to 15%/serving
Important to note!
● Total number of calories
Ensure that you multiply the number of servings per container by the total number of calories, because if you eat the whole container that will be all the calories you have consumed.
● Ingredient content
Whatever ingredient is listed first is what the item consists mostly of. Ingredients are usually listed in that order.
So if something claims to be whole wheat, whole wheat should be listed first and not sugar.
To keep sugar low, keep it to less than 5g. If you have an item with 8/9g of sugar that is considered borderline, but monitor the sugar content in other foods for the rest of the day.
● In General:
Take note that Saturated Fat and Trans Fat are the BAD Fats and Unsaturated Fat is considered to be Good Fat.
Ensure your food has some Fiber to keep you fuller for longer. 3% or more is good.
Say no more to Fatty Tuna Sandwiches. If fat-free cream cheese is not your thing to spice up your tuna with onion, try this Kraft fat and cholesterol – free mayonnaise found in your local supermarkets. To be specific, this affordable mayo was found in Megamart, Waterloo. Go get yours!