The Sweetart Bake Expo held at The Jamaica Pegasus two Sundays ago had patrons in awe at the creativity of Cakes decorated and probably sent everyone’s sweet tooth into overdrive with the samples given.
There were On-stage demos and Presentations on Cake Decorating, as well as classes that were conducted, including one that was by a local instructor.
Sometimes a Cake is decorated well and doesn’t taste as good as it looks, but the proof is in the pudding. Suga was most impressed with the Piña Colada cupcake by Alex’s creations (@alexcreationsja). I tasted the rum first, followed by the coconut flavour, then was hit with the sweet accentuated by the icing. Fantastic!
Other tasty highlights for Suga:
*Instagram tags in brackets
• Cheesecake by Kelsey’s Kreations (@kelseyskreations_ja)
• Bread Pudding by Skimo’s Pastries (@skimos_pastries)
• Banana Bread by La Jazz Sweet Tooth (@lajazzp_c)
• Carrot Cake by Jhaneal Solomon (@savouritja)
• Beer Jelly by Su Yen Green (@bakedbysue)
• Nestle’s offering of mouth-watering Bread pudding and other desserts made by using their products. Not to mention the Nestle Frappélatte that seems to be a hit everywhere it goes. It’s made with coffee and ice cream and is richly flavoured.
I know persons are straying from the traditional Fruit cakes for Weddings, but I only got two to taste that were not up to standard. Perhaps Blissful Bites by Delvena came close. Lemon cakes are now a popular choice for Weddings, but none of them hit the spot.
The presence of well-known Bakers was missed, but there are many on the rise with potential who were present and have been working on their craft for years. The Cake Decorating Competitions displayed high levels of skill and creativity, making things look so real.
Here are most of the Winners!
Pre-decorated Cake Competitions by Theme:
• Fast Food
Decorated by Students!
• Fast Food theme Winner
• Topsy Turvy
• Jungle Theme
CONGRATS to the WINNERS and See you at the 5th Anniversary Edition, #sweetartbakeexpo2019!
Save the date! It will be May 26,2019 with 5 days of activities.
Sweetart Bake Expo
By: Gabrielle Burgess
If you liked this Blog, follow Suga Lifestyle or like the Suga Lifestyle Facebook page.