If you’ve been eating Whole Wheat, Whole Grain or Gluten-free Bread since the start of 2018 and you would like a change, then this is the Recipe for you!
You could be a Vegetarian looking for an exciting new Recipe too.
1 Yam (Complex/Good Carbs)
1/2 Avocado (Healthy Fats)
1 tsp Hemp/Sesame seeds (Protein)
Olive Oil (Optional)
A sprinkle of Garlic Salt (Optional)
A sprinkle of Black Pepper (Optional)
A pinch of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
● Cut 1 large Yam into even slices (around 2cm thick)
● Place in the Oven at 220°C for 30 minutes OR Place on a Grill for 30 minutes on each side on medium-high heat
Roasted/Steamed Asparagus *(Edited by Gabrielle Burgess)
● Preheat oven to 220 °C
● Place the Asparagus into a mixing bowl, and drizzle with the olive oil. Toss to coat the spears, then sprinkle with garlic salt, and pepper
● Bake in the Pre-heated oven until just tender, 12 to 15 minutes depending on thickness.
● Fill a skillet with ½ cup of water per ½ pound of Asparagus and Add the Asparagus.
● Cover the skillet with a lid and Boil over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until the Asparagus turns bright green and tender.
Avocado/Avocado Puree *(Edited by Gabrielle Burgess)
● Mash the Avocado with a fork or puree in a blender until smooth, adding water if necessary to reach desired consistency
● Top off the Yam slices with Avocado, Hemp/Sesame seeds, Asparagus and a pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt.
A Fibre and Protein-rich Breakfast with Veggies and Healthy Fats all at the sane time!
#SugaEndorsed Recipe by:
Jhanae M. Paule
Vegan Humanitarian and Environmentalist
Reposted and Edited By: Gabrielle Burgess (Certified Personal Trainer & Sports Nutritionist)
If you liked this Recipe, follow Suga Lifestyle or like the Suga Lifestyle Facebook page.