1 Crusty loaf, sourdough or Vienna
1 cup – Shredded mozzarella or any other melting cheese
1/2 cup – Salted butter, softened
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon – Fresh parsley, finely chopped
Prep time is 30 min, serves 6.
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºFf
2. Melt butter in microwave and then mix in with the garlic and parsley.
3. Cut the bread diagonally into 2cm/1inch diamonds but do not cut all the way through bread (about 3/4’s of the way through the bread).
4. Use your fingers or knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter mix and stuff in a pinch of cheese.
5. Wrap with foil and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese has mostly melted.
6. Unwrap and bake for 5 minutes more just to make the bread nice and crusty.
7. Serve immediately.
Tip: To make ahead, after wrapping with foil also wrap with cling film as well. Store in fridge overnight or freeze to store for longer. To cook, thaw completely then follow recipe instructions to bake. Always use baked bread, not uncooked bread dough.
Recipe found with Cookpad (http://cookpad.com/en).
(original url: http://ckpd.io/l/40Nv0bk-CX)