1 pound – Shrimp
1 tablespoon – Pure Olive Oil
2 tablespoon – Finely Chopped Garlic
1 1/2 cup – White Wine
1/2 Fresh Lemon (Juice Only)
1 teaspoon – Italian Seasoning Blend
1/2 cup – Butter
1 tablespoon – Fresh Parsley (Chopped Fine)
1 Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
1/2 cup – Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Heat heavy bottomed skillet and add oil. Do not allow oil to smoke.
2. Add shrimp, cook until tender and no longer translucent.
3. Remove shrimp from pan and reduce heat slightly.
4. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Be careful not to brown garlic as this will produce a slightly bitter flavor.
5. When garlic is cooked, add white wine.
6. Squeeze juice from lemon in pan, and reduce wine by half.
7. After it is reduced, add Italian seasoning blend.
8. Reduce heat to low, and slowly add butter, 1 Tbsp at a time. The butter should slowly melt into the sauce and create a nice creamy texture. If the pan is too hot the butter will separate.
9. Once butter is fully incorporated, add shrimp back into sauce, add parsley, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Serve with garnish of fresh cheese if desired. Scampi is great accompanied by fresh pasta.
Good choices of sides to go with this delicious dish could be Garlic bread or Baked potato. Enjoy!