Enjoy Restaurant Style Salmon at home like Suga!
2 Salmon Fillets
Ashebre’s Spicy Dairy-Free Basil Pesto
Gluten-free/Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti
Cherry Tomatoes (Sliced)
Fat-Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese/Low-fat Greek Cream Cheese
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Almond milk/Skimmed milk
*I didn’t get the chance to purchase Capers, but for those who like Capers with Salmon, it is not needed with the strong taste of Ashebre’s Spicy Dairy-Free Pesto sauce
*Ashebre’s Spicy Dairy-Free Pesto can be sourced at John R. Wong Supermarket, Kingston Ja
Method (Serves: 2)
1. Tilt the Salmon fillet up/Lift and bend it to make several slits on the skin side of the Salmon with a very sharp knife. (This makes the Salmon cook quicker, the skin crispier and does not let the Salmon curl up in the heat)
*Don’t slice too deep or you will overcook the Salmon
2. Season the Salmon with Salt and Black pepper
3. Lightly grease frying pan with Olive oil over medium heat
4. Place Salmon fillets in pan skin side down to prevent overcooking
3. Look out for a distinct white line in the middle of the fillet at about 3 to 5 minutes, depending on the thickness of the Salmon. When you see it, the Salmon is cooked halfway through
4. Flip the Salmon and cook for another 3-5 minutes until the skin is crispy.
5. Turn off the heat, cover the pan and steam your Salmon for about 10 minutes to be cooked medium. Add an extra 2-3 minutes to cook medium-well.
1. Cook Thin Spaghetti until tender and drain in coriander.
2. Add sliced Cherry tomatoes and mix in some of Asbebre’s Spicy Dairy-free Pesto Sauce.
Make your own healthy version of a Creamy Sauce instead of using an Alfredo sauce or Coconut cream sauce to put on your Fish or your Pasta.
Melt olive oil, garlic powder, onion, cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese and almond/skimmed milk in a pot, with varying amounts to create your desired consistency.
Plate Spaghetti with Salmon fillet on top. Add a little Pesto sauce to the Salmon and layer your homemade creamy sauce on top. Yum!
By: Gabrielle Burgess (Certified Personal Trainer & Sports Nutritionist)
If you liked this Recipe, follow Suga Lifestyle or like the Suga Lifestyle Facebook page.