Suga Lifestyle (GW Art) has teamed up with the Rotaract Club of New Kingston to assist some young ladies from The Women’s Centre and the Young Women’s Christian Association (YWCA), to find their inner artist and present their artwork for sale at a Pop Up Village this Saturday April 13, put on by Craft Cart Jamaica.
The young ladies have also been trained in entrepreneurship and customer service. They have dubbed themselves the ‘PHENOMENAL WOMEN UNITED’.
Please come by this Saturday and support this worthy cause.
Follow @SugaLifestyle for more information and to see some short videos introducing the Artists and their products.
Help to Build a Better Jamaica.
By: Gabrielle Burgess
If you liked this Promo, follow Suga Lifestyle Online, on Instagram (@sugalifestyle), Twitter (@sugalifestyleja) or like the Suga Lifestyle Facebook page.
Autism, or autism spectrum disorder (ASD), is presented when a child’s social skills are challenged, they have repetitive behaviors and when they face difficulty with speech and nonverbal communication.
Autism can present itself at different stages of a child’s life, even up to age 3. It is important for parents or caregivers to learn the signs of Autism to seek professional help if necessary.
***Not all children with autism show all the signs. Many children who don’t have autism show a few. That’s why professional evaluation is crucial.***
● SIGNS OF AUTISM
By 6 months
Few or no big smiles or other warm, joyful and engaging expressions
Limited or no eye contact
By 9 months
Little or no back-and-forth sharing of sounds, smiles or other facial expressions
By 12 months
Little or no babbling
Little or no back-and-forth gestures such as pointing, showing, reaching or waving
Little or no response to name
By 16 months
Very few or no words
By 24 months
Very few or no meaningful, two-word phrases (not including imitating or repeating)
At any age
Loss of previously acquired speech, babbling or social skills
Avoidance of eye contact
Persistent preference for solitude
Difficulty understanding other people’s feelings
Delayed language development
Persistent repetition of words or phrases (echolalia)
Resistance to minor changes in routine or surroundings
Enjoy the day! If it didn’t start out too well and you have some work to do, there is still time to get unique gifts that your partner or family members will love. If you regret that you didn’t treat yourself, there are a variety of talented, local artisans to choose from that are Suga Endorsed!
Check out Suga’s V-Day Pop Up Shop Artisans and Local Businesses here:
● GW Art – @gwartbygabby; 876-422-3769
● My Old Man Leathercraft – @myoldmanleathercraft;
● Mira Botanicals- @mirabotanicals; 876-509-0063
● White Orchid Salon and Spa, Jamaica Pegasus – 876-926-3690-1
● Devine Treasures – @devinetreasuresjamaica (Montego Bay)
● Designs by Phoenix Ja – @designsbyphoenixja; firstname.lastname@example.org
● Mount Pleasant Chocolatiers – @mountpleasantchocolatiers; 876-854-5604
● One Love One Heart – @oneloveoneheart9754; 876-884-3756
If you don’t go that route, food is the way to everyone’s soul 😀
N.B. Some Restaurants are offering 4-Couse Dinner Packages
• The Regency Restaurant and The Terrace at The Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, Waterloo Rd. ($60USD pp)
• Cellar 8, Manor Park ($6500pp)
• Chive Restaurant, Orchid Village Plaza
• The Blue Window at The Jamaica Pegasus ($5000pp)
• Jamaica Liquor Warehouse, Lindsay Crescent ($4933.50 pp/$9867 per couple incl. G.C.T & Serv. Charge)
• Chillin’ Restaurant, Hope Zoo
• Sugar Mill Restaurant, Half Moon
• The Houseboat Grill, Freeport Montego Bay
• Mystic Thai, Fairview Towne Centre ($3500pp)
• Marguerites by The Sea, Gloucester Ave.
• Evita’s Italian Restaurant, Eden Bower Rd.
• Seaside Dutchie, Priory St. Ann
• Angler’s Seafood Restaurant, Windsor Road
Have a great Day! 💖
By: Gabrielle Burgess
If you liked this Blog, follow Suga Lifestyle Online, on Instagram (@sugalifestyle), Twitter (@sugalifestyleja) or like the Suga Lifestyle Facebook page.
One of Suga’s favourite Chefs, Christina Simonitsch, has opened her new Pop-up Restaurant, Simo’s. Last weekend was her first Simo’s Pop-Up staging and Suga endorsed Restaurateurs in the Montego Bay and St. Ann community such as Kareena Mahbubani of Mystic Thai and Chris and Lisa Binns of Stush in the Bush, were a few of the lucky guests in attendance. They had a grand time and their pictures of the gourmet affair are to die for.
Here’s a sneak peek!
Christina cooks with perfection and passion for the love of food. Stay tuned to her instagram page, @simosbreadandcatering to see when reservations are open for the next Simo’s Pop-Up!
S HOTEL JAMAICA
The New Spanish Court Hotel has finally opened its doors in Montego Bay! The official opening was just last weekend and booking is now live for the brand new, modern hotel overlooking Doctor’s Cave Beach.
They are now taking walk-ins at special rates during their soft opening weeks and offering special Intro opening rates.
Take a look at the exquisite modern decor and fixtures in place!
The Restaurant is also now open!
It’s clear Suga has to make a trip to Montego Bay soon! Stay tuned.
Christina M.B. Simonitsch
Location: Springfarm, Half Moon, Montego Bay
Catering, Cooking Lessons & Staff Training
S Hotel Jamaica
Location: 7 Gloucester Ave., Montego Bay, St. James, Jamaica