Tomorrow is Art Wednesdays’ One Year Anniversary at The Reggae Mill Bar, Devon House, starting at 7pm.
Art Wednesdays was inspired by Swizz Beat’s No Commission movement that started in Miami during Art Basel 2015.
Fairs showcase artists without charging a participation fee and taking “No Commission” on any sales.
No Commission was inspired to create a platform that is 100 percent for the artist. At the time Swizz Beatz didn’t see anything out there like it. Swizz Beatz along with The Dean Collection team are “by the artists, for the artists, with the people.” He then found the perfect partner in Bacardi to help make No Commission Fairs a global movement and not just a domestic initiative.
Swizz Beatz’s No Commission Art Fair has gone to London as well.
Alexx Antaeus took on this initiative a year ago, known as ‘Art Wednesdays’, featuring our local artists at The Reggae Mill Bar, Devon House in Kingston, Jamaica.
Many local artists have gotten the opportunities to showcase their talents including myself with my GW Art Collection.
Tomorrow is the 1st Anniversary featuring a few of the great talented Artists we have in Jamaica. I am looking forward to seeing the Buju Banton Portrait by Christopher Daley inspired by A Long Walk To Freedom!
Come out and support our local artists tomorrow at The Reggae Mill Bar from 7 to 11pm.
By: Gabrielle Burgess (Artist)
If you liked this Promo, follow Suga Lifestyle Online, on Instagram (@sugalifestyle), Twitter (@sugalifestyleja) or like the Suga Lifestyle Facebook page.
Enjoy the day! If it didn’t start out too well and you have some work to do, there is still time to get unique gifts that your partner or family members will love. If you regret that you didn’t treat yourself, there are a variety of talented, local artisans to choose from that are Suga Endorsed!
Check out Suga’s V-Day Pop Up Shop Artisans and Local Businesses here:
● GW Art – @gwartbygabby; 876-422-3769
● My Old Man Leathercraft – @myoldmanleathercraft;
● Mira Botanicals- @mirabotanicals; 876-509-0063
● White Orchid Salon and Spa, Jamaica Pegasus – 876-926-3690-1
● Devine Treasures – @devinetreasuresjamaica (Montego Bay)
● Designs by Phoenix Ja – @designsbyphoenixja; email@example.com
● Mount Pleasant Chocolatiers – @mountpleasantchocolatiers; 876-854-5604
● One Love One Heart – @oneloveoneheart9754; 876-884-3756
If you don’t go that route, food is the way to everyone’s soul 😀
N.B. Some Restaurants are offering 4-Couse Dinner Packages
• The Regency Restaurant and The Terrace at The Terra Nova All Suite Hotel, Waterloo Rd. ($60USD pp)
• Cellar 8, Manor Park ($6500pp)
• Chive Restaurant, Orchid Village Plaza
• The Blue Window at The Jamaica Pegasus ($5000pp)
• Jamaica Liquor Warehouse, Lindsay Crescent ($4933.50 pp/$9867 per couple incl. G.C.T & Serv. Charge)
• Chillin’ Restaurant, Hope Zoo
• Sugar Mill Restaurant, Half Moon
• The Houseboat Grill, Freeport Montego Bay
• Mystic Thai, Fairview Towne Centre ($3500pp)
• Marguerites by The Sea, Gloucester Ave.
• Evita’s Italian Restaurant, Eden Bower Rd.
• Seaside Dutchie, Priory St. Ann
• Angler’s Seafood Restaurant, Windsor Road
Have a great Day! 💖
By: Gabrielle Burgess
If you liked this Blog, follow Suga Lifestyle Online, on Instagram (@sugalifestyle), Twitter (@sugalifestyleja) or like the Suga Lifestyle Facebook page.