Notable awards were as follows:
● Best International Athlete – Lionel Messi (Soccer – Barcelona/Argentina)
● Best Play – Odell Beckham Jr. (NFL – NY Giants) *Won for his one-handed catch
● Best NFL Player – Aaron Rodgers (Green Bay Packers) *If Tom Brady of New England Patriots wasn’t accused of deflating balls, maybe he would have won
● Best Championship Performance – LeBron James (NBA – Cleveland Cavaliers) *Eastern Conference Finals?
● Best Male Athlete – Stephen Curry (NBA-GS Warriors) *Nominees included GB Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, Lionel Messi and LeBron James
● Best Female Athlete and Best Fighter – Ronda Rousey (MMA – Mixed Martial Arts) *Rousey- ‘I wonder how Floyd feels being beat by a woman for once’
● Arthur Ashe Award for Courage – Caitlyn (Bruce) Jenner (Track & Field) who was afraid to express his/her? feelings growing up and gave a long speech encouraging all to accept and respect transgenders, especially young ones.
● Icon Award – Derek Jeter (Major League Baseball – New York Yankees)
● Best Breakthrough Athlete – Mo’Ne Davis (Little League )
● Best Coach – Steve Kerr (NBA – GS Warriors)
● Best Team: US Women’s Soccer Team