Many of you may be seasoned Restaurant Week (RW) attendees by now. Since Suga is in the same boat, I have selected restaurants whose menus have stood out and are different from what they usually have for RW. They also have a reputation for good service, good quality food and value for money.
For those who still have a lot to experience with Restaurant Week, take a gamble if you do not see your choice on my list. You never know, you may end up with a winner for dinner.
Let’s get to it!
***The Price of each category includes a choice of appetizer, main course and dessert. Beverages, G.C.T and gratuity additional***
Fromage Brasserie in Kingston! Best menu on the Epicurean list.
Nirvanna Indian Restaurant in Kingston! Best Ethnic Restaurant in Kingston. Great choice for an authentic, Indian feast.
• Chive Eatery in Village Plaza, Kingston – New kids on the block with a killer menu of Pork buns, Oxtail Alfredo, their Signature dish of Crispy, glazed Pork Belly stuffed in a steamed bao bun with hoisin sauce, ginger and pickled cucumbers and more! They may be the dark horse of RW!
• Jamaica Liquor Warehouse in Kingston – One of my favourites. I would eat anything on their menu. Great variety, taste, good service and value for money.
• Tamarind Indian Cuisine in Kingston – Never usually disappoints. Savoury, authentic Indian food with good service.
• Pelican Grill has served well for many years. I would go with them if choosing this category in the second city.
I would also take a gamble with:
• Bubble & Spice, Coral Cliff
• Pier 1
• Uncorked West
• Anglers – A family pleaser with a mouth-watering seafood menu.
• Evita’s Italian Restaurant – They practically have the same menu each year, but it is so extensive that you can keep trying new savoury dishes in a delightful ambience with good service.
• Seaside Dutchie – Great seafood by the sea with unique presentation. This visit could be a fun family day or evening out. Their seafood is usually served in reasonable time compared to others.
• Sharkies Bar Grill & Tours in Runaway Bay – You may run the risk of a long wait, but it’s usually worth it. Great seafood by the sea.
• Smoked Marin Restaurant in Hanover – Delicious food by the sea with big portions. Their Signature Jerked Calamari dish looks interesting.
NYAM & SCRAM (30% off/Discounted Lunch Specials)
• Devon House Bakery for sweeting up the palate after a reduced size main.
• Fish Pot for serving up value for money for the people. They have a healthy salmon dish and a creamy coconut lobster pasta!
• Kushites Vegetable Cuisine -Take advantage of their deals! Best vegetarian restaurant in Jamaica.
● Super’s Spicy Doubles – I’ve never been, but I would take a gamble with those curry dish deals for $600JMD or less.
MORNING BITES (Discounted Breakfast Specials)
Mr. Breakfast looks like a deal!
Reservations are recommended for all categories except for Nyam and Scram and Morning Bites. I suggest you still call ahead or just before you make your way for the restaurants that aren’t fast food ones in the Nyam and Scram category.
Check out Restaurant Week’s Website, http://go-jamaica.com/rw/ to see full menus and to find contact information and locations for the Restaurants.
By: Gabrielle Burgess
If you liked this Blog, follow Suga Lifestyle Online, on Instagram (@sugalifestyle), Twitter (@sugalifestyleja) or like the Suga Lifestyle Facebook page.